ZENITH BANK CODE: This post contains information about the Zenith Bank Ussd code, and also Zenith Bank transfer code. This includes what it is, how to register and activate it, the list of all the USSD codes for Zenith Bank’s various transactions, and lots more.
Zenith Bank, one of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria, offers a USSD code service that allows its customers to perform banking transactions from the comfort of their mobile phones.
This service has not only made banking more convenient but has also enhanced financial inclusion in Nigeria by reaching out to the unbanked and underbanked population.
So, if you’re in need of the Zenith Bank code for money transfers, checking balance, buying airtime, paying bills, or something else on your Zenith Bank account, join me and let’s explore this post together!
What is USSD?
USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) is a technology used by mobile network operators to send text messages between a mobile phone and an application server.
USSD codes are short, numeric codes that are used to perform specific tasks, such as checking your account balance or transferring money. USSD codes can be used on any type of mobile phone, without the need for an internet connection.
Check Out: List of USSD Code for Loans in Nigeria
What is Zenith Bank USSD Code?
Zenith Bank code, or Zenith Bank transfer code is a shortcode that can be used to perform a variety of banking tasks. There is a general code for all transactions on Zenith bank accounts and also shortcodes for specific transactions like checking balance, funds transfers, etc.
The Zenith Bank USSD code is *966#. Once registered and activated, this code can be used to access a range of services, including:
- Opening an account
- Checking your account balance
- Transferring money to other Zenith Bank accounts
- Transferring money to other banks in Nigeria
- Recharging your phone
- Paying bills
- Buying airtime for yourself or others
- Checking your BVN
While this code can perform all these transactions, you need to activate it before it can be used.
How to Register & Activate Zenith Bank USSD Code
Here’s the step-by-step guide to activating the USSD code for Zenith Bank:
- Using the line/sim/phone number you opened your Zenith Bank Bank account with, dial *966*00#
- Enter the last 4 digits on your Zenith Bank debit (ATM) card.
- Create your Zenith EaZybanking PIN (4 digits pin which will be used to authorize transactions)
- Enter and confirm the pin again to complete your USSD registration.
Once all the steps above are completed, the transfer code for Zenith Bank will be activated on your phone. You can now use it for your banking transactions.
How to Use Zenith Bank Transfer Code
To use the USSD code for Zenith Bank, you will need to have a mobile phone with a SIM card registered with Zenith Bank, and already activated. Once you have these, follow these simple steps:
- Dial *966# on your mobile phone (make sure you are using the phone number linked to your Zenith Bank account).
- You will see a list of options on your screen, such as “Open Account”, “My Balance”, “Transfer”, and more.
- Select the option that corresponds to the service you want to perform. For example, if you want to check your account balance, select “My Balance”.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to enter the required details, such as your account number and PIN.
- Confirm the details you have entered, and then wait for the transaction to be processed.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your screen, indicating whether the transaction was successful or not.
There are also short codes to perform quick and direct transactions on your Zenith Bank account. Check them out in the list below.
List of All Zenith Bank USSD Codes
Here is a list of the Zenith Bank code:
|Transfer to Zenith Bank Account||*966*Amount*Account Number#|
|Transfer to Other Banks||*966*Amount*Account Number#|
|Airtime Top Up Self||*966*Amount#|
|Airtime Top Up Others||*966*Amount*Phone Number#|
|Withdrawal||*966*60# > select withdrawal|
|Pay Bills||*966# > select bill payments|
|Hotlist ATM Card||*966*60# > select Hotlist card|
Zenith Bank USSD Code for Checking Balance
*966*00# is the Zenith Bank code to check your account balance. Once dialed, enter your PIN, and the money you have left in your Zenith Bank account will be displayed on your phone’s screen.
Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Code
*966*Amount*Account Number# is the Zenith USSD code to transfer money from Zenith Bank to Zenith Bank and also the Zenith Bank transfer code to other banks. Once dialed, select the recipient’s bank, and enter your PIN to authorize the transfer.
e.g if you want to send N7500 to 0666666660 (First Bank account number) simply dial *966*7500*0666666660#.
See Also: How to Activate UBA USSD Code
Zenith Bank USSD Code for Opening an Account
*966*0# is the USSD code for Zenith Bank account opening. After dialing, accept the mobile banking terms and continue following the prompts to create an account with Zenith Bank.
Zenith Bank Code for Buying Airtime
*966*Amount# is the Zenith Bank code to buy airtime for yourself (SIM linked with your Zenith Bank account). While *966*Amount*Phone Number# is the code to buy airtime for other numbers/sims.
E.g if you want to recharge N400 for yourself, simply dial *966*400# and your line will be credited with a N400 recharge card. If you want to recharge another line 09006666660 (your other lines or for friends and/or family) with N400, just dial, *966*400*09006666660#, then enter your PIN to authorize the transaction.
Zenith Bank USSD Code for Withdrawal
*966*60# is the USSD code for Zenith Bank’s cardless withdrawal. Once dialed, select the “Money Withdrawal” option and follow the prompts.
Zenith Bank USSD Code for Bill Payments
*966*7*Amount*Customer ID# is the Zenith Bank USSD code to pay bills (E.g, electricity, water, DSTV, GoTV, Startime, etc.). After dialing, select the pay bills option and proceed to complete the transaction.
Zenith Bank USSD Code to Update Details
*966*BVN# Zenith code to update your account details. then follow the screen instructions. E.g *966*99000000099#.
Zenith Bank BVN USSD Code
*565*0# is the Zenith Bank code to get/retrieve your BVN.
Zenith Bank USSD Code to Block ATM Card
*966*60# is the USSD code to block your Zenith Bank ATM debit card. After dialing, select the “Hotlist Card” option.
USSD Zenith Bank Code to Block Account
*966*911# is the USSD code on Zenith Bank for deactivating your account. Just dial the code and follow the screen option.
Benefits of Using Zenith Bank USSD Code
Using the Zenith Bank USSD transfer code has several benefits, including:
- Convenience: The Zenith Bank code allows you to perform banking tasks from the comfort of your own home, without the need to visit a bank branch.
- Accessibility: USSD codes can be used on any type of mobile phone, without the need for an internet connection. This makes it easier for people who do not have smartphones or access to the internet to Zenith Banking services.
- Time-saving: USSD codes are faster than traditional banking methods, such as visiting a bank branch or using an ATM. This makes it easier to perform transactions on the go.
- Security: The Zenith transfer code is secure, and all transactions require a PIN to be entered. This helps to protect your account from unauthorized access.
Zenith Bank Code 2023 – FAQs
What is the new USSD code for Zenith Bank?
*966# is the new USSD code for Zenith Bank. This code can be used to perform any mobile banking transactions on a registered number.
What is the Zenith Bank Transfer Code to Other Banks?
*966*Amount*Account Number# is the Zenith Bank USSD transfer code to other banks.
How do I set up Zenith Bank mobile banking?
You can at up your Zenith Bank USSD mobile banking by simply dialing *966*00# using the phone number/line linked to your Zenith Bank bank account, and follow the prompts.
How can I activate Zenith Bank mobile banking without an ATM?
Zenith bank doesn’t allow customers to activate Eazybanking without an ATM card.
How can I check my Zenith Bank details?
You can check your Zenith Bank details on your phone by dialing *966*0#, then select option 4 and your Zenith Bank Bank details including account balance, and account statement will appear on your screen.
How do I check my Zenith Bank USSD transaction history?
You can check your Zenith Bank USSD transaction history by simply dialing *966*0#.
Is there a charge for using the Zenith Bank USSD code?
Yes, there is a charge for using the Zenith Bank USSD code. The cost of using the USSD code varies depending on the service being used. However, the charges are generally lower than those for other banking methods.
Zenith Bank USSD codes are a convenient and secure way to Zenith Banking services in Nigeria. With the Zenith EazyBanking, customers can perform a variety of tasks, including checking their account balance, transferring money, and paying bills. Using the Zenith Bank code is easy and accessible, and it can save you time and money. If you have a mobile phone and a registered Zenith Bank account, you should consider using the USSD code to Zenith Banking services.